A forever Family

Monday, April 21, 2008

So Sad


So every Monday is my and Kali's grocery shopping day. Today we got all the shopping done and then we came home. I started unloading the car. I brought Kali in first, then I was headed out to get the rest of the groceries, at the same time Ryan called. Not safe to do all at once. I had brought in two loads and was going to get the rest. I walked outside and shut the door behind me. When I came back the door was locked with both the keys and Kali inside. I started to knock hoping that Kali would come over and play with the handle and figure out how to unlock the door. Instead she sat at the door and just cried and cried. No one was home upstairs and Ryan was at work. Finely I got a hold of my Mother-in-law, and she told me where the spare key was and I was able to get in the house. Kali ran right up to me and gave me a great big hug. Poor girl was so scared.

4 comments:

Eric and Jenny said...

Oh, that is so sad. I have done this once before too. Luckily Lance was only three months old and slept through the whole thing. I was locked out for at least an hour, my neighbor eventually helped me break in. At least I know my house is secure. Poor thing she must have been terrified!

Foust Family said...

That is really sad! Poor girl!

Kelly said...

Oh poor Kali! We have done that before too! It is so traumatic not just for them but for you! I am glad it all worked out!

Cheaper Than Therapy - Writing said...

Hearing your child cry is the worst sound in the world....